FAAs watermark does NOT appear on sold printed copies of this image.
WE (Deb & Bill Hayes) copyrighted this image, which means it is protected by copyright laws. All rights reserved.
The original of this image was captured in June, 2014 while visiting the Chattanooga, TN. area.
WE copied the original to produce "Foot Bridge". First, we edited the copy using Photoshop CC 2020 followed by Luminar 4 & a couple of our artistic software programs to achieve this look. Therefore, "Foot Bridge" has been artistically enhanced.
Chattanooga Foot Bridge crossing Caney Fork River 20.9 miles above the Rock Island dam is very close to the old Chattanooga Ford. The suspension bridge was built in 1924 by the T.E.P.Co. It was washed out in the 1929 flood.
This foot bridge ("swinging" or "wire" bridge) was rebuilt after the 1929 flood and was in use for several years. It was located behind Fraiser's Chapel Methodist Church. A Boy Scout camp was located at the site of the bridge and ford, some time prior to the mid-1950s. In the early 1960s, Wayne Haston and a friend walked across this bridge carrying hunting guns. The bridge was in a dangerous state of disrepair at that time. The cables were rusty and the existing floor planks were rotting and some of the planks were completely gone. In the 1950s, Dave Guy (who lived north of the river in "Fox Hollow") was employed, as needed, to keep the bridge in good repair. Apparently, no one replaced him on this task when he moved his family to upper Hickory Valley. By that time, many of the families in that community had automobiles and could get from one side of the river to the other by means of Butts Bridge.
All visits to our FAA-Pixels art-sites are welcomed, encouraged and appreciated. Please visit often.
DBHayes Art (Deb & Bill)
October 21st, 2020
Viewed 209 Times - Last Visitor from Beverly Hills, CA on 03/16/2023 at 6:34 PM